Why 5 a-day?
Fruit and vegetables are part of a balanced diet and can help us stay healthy. That’s why it’s so important that we get enough of them and with G&S Smoothies – we can help you easily help achieve that goal!
The most recent 5 A DAY message highlights the health benefits of getting five 80g portions of fruit and vegetables every day. 5 A DAY is based on advice from the World Health Organization, which recommends eating a minimum of 400g of fruit and vegetables a day to lower the risk of serious health problems, such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and obesity.
Five reasons to eat five portions of fruit and veg
- Fruit and vegetables are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C and potassium.
- They’re an excellent source of dietary fibre, which helps maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fibre can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer.
- They can help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
- Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy and balanced diet.
- Fruit and vegetables taste delicious and there’s so much variety to choose from.
One of our Smoothies can give you almost 2 of you daily 5 a-day, so not only are they refreshingly tasty but also essentially nutritious!